Thursday 17 August 2017

When I fell in love with California.

Moving to another continent is pretty huge, or so I'm told. It doesn't feel like that big of a deal to me though. Maybe that's just because I decided to dive in and it's my life now though. 

I lived in Spain with my family for many years and I'm the kind of person who can't stay still. I have restless feet syndrome. I get it from my dad. 
I've always known that I wouldn't settle down before I saw my fair share of the world and I definitely wouldn't settle down in the same place I'd spent most of my life. The earth is way too big for that. 

There is a big step though, between wanting to live your life like that and actually going for it. 

And then I met Sam. Sam the traveler, with a thousand stories about the hundreds of places he's already seen, and I decided I wanted to be a part of his stories and the ones to come. 

I'd recently lost my job at the school where I had been working and so I decided to try, why not? i packed two suitcases and moved to California where Sam was. 

If worse comes to worse and it didn't work out, I would still have the memories of living in California and of all crazy experiences that go with that. I will never regret this no matter what happens and I knew that from the beginning. 

I had the best outcome imaginable though. I'm incredibly happy with my life right now and I'm meeting so many amazing people ^^  

No comments:

Post a Comment