Friday 21 July 2017

little work-life update

I'm so content right now. I just cleaned my room and I'm sitting on my bed drinking the same type of tea I'd drink in Spain with my mother and grandmother, which is Yorkshire tea, which is the best tea, always and forever.

Today is Friday, which means a full day off before working two doubles back to back.
I love working doubles but they kinda feel like a sprint. I need to brace myself before and rest afterwards.
I love how productive and useful I feel on full days though.

So I'm working 3 waitressing jobs at the moment. One of them is one of the first jobs I got after moving over here, not great paying (it's pretty terrible actually) and the other two are more recent and way more decent wages and tips.
I'm pushing for more days at these two and as soon as I get some more I will leave the first one.
Keeping track of schedules is a little difficult now and then, especially as the first restaurant keeps switching up my schedule instead of keeping it the same week to week.

But anyway, I'm quite happy doing this, I never thought I'd enjoy waitessing like this :)

Oh! also I've started filling a notebook again. I used to love painting in a notebook and I had stopped for the longest time but I've started again and I'm so happy I restarted.

Keep doing things that make you happy, happiness is the one thing we must always carry with us and create within ourselves.


No comments:

Post a Comment