Friday 14 July 2017

Decorations.

One of the things that have happened in the last few months that got me really excited was finally getting my shoulders tattooed.

I feel like all along my late childhood, adolescence and early years of adulthood I was very much focused on my body image and ways to make myself feel like I'm in the body I'm meant to be in. It took quite the self destructive turn, some of you might know, I'm not going to go all the way in to it, but my weight and size became unhealthily important to me.

I am so happy now that when I want to change something in my appearance it comes from a much healthier place now. I wish to decorate my skin and keep it healthy and full of life now.

I baby my hair and treat it with masks and oils, and the same with my face and skin. It all comes from a place of self love and appreciation and I am so much happier.

Anyway, apart from all that, I've always adored the concept of tattoos, I've had a million designs I've wanted over the years but (thankfully) have been very picky as to which ones I've chosen to actually put on my body.

I am absolutely in love with my shoulder pieces, they are my biggest and most visible ones yet and every time I catch sight of myself in the mirror now it makes me smile so much.

this is the photo my artist took after my last session 

The guy is called Andy Chen . He is absolutely amazing and he works out of a private studio in San Francisco. 
I'm so in love with his art and I will be going back to him for future work. 
I have a few ideas for future pieces but I wont be getting anything new for a while yet. Maybe September for my birthday, or closer to winter. We'll see. 


No comments:

Post a Comment